The next time you select plump avocados to include in your guacamole or taco salad, you might think of them a differently. While tasty, these beneficial fatty fruits pack a lot of essential nutrients to good health.
What is so Good About it?
Behold, the noble yet humble avocado’s many benefits in a nutshell:
● Aids in the digestion and absorption of lycopene and beta carotene. Adding avocado to a salad will help to retain its nutritional value by up to 400%.
● Antioxidants require fat in order to be broken down. Avocado contains a good amount of oil so it also helps to absorb these essential cancer fighters.
It is important to peel your avocado instead of just scooping it out as most of the nutrients are contained in the thin, darker layer just below the skin. For best results, cut the avocado lengthwise and separate into halves. You can then peel off the skin layer to maintain the darker layer of the avocado.
Get the Right Amount of Fat
Watching your fat intake also means getting the right kinds of unsaturated fats in your diet. Avocado contains a great amount of the good fats. A diet too low in fat increases skin dryness and contributes to brittle nails and hair loss. You need to eat fats, just the right kinds.
● Phytosterols are one of the good fats found in avocado. Other fats in avocado are campesterol and stigmasterol. Both of these fast ward off inflammation in the body.
● Avocados also help those with arthritis. Avocados contain polyhydroxylated fatty alcohols, a rare and effective nutrient for the reduction of inflammation in the joints.
● This fruit contains oleic acid, the same kind of acid found in olive oil. This acid increases digestion and is proven to lower the risk of heart disease.
Good for the Vital Organs
Omega 3s are already proven to substantially improve brain activity, along with maintaining good eyesight and heart health. These fatty acids are now being evaluated for their effectiveness in warding off Alzheimer’s disease.
This amazing fruit also contains vitamin E and folate, which are both good for a healthy brain and central nervous system. The next time you are reaching for something to include in your salad or even as part of your morning omelet, consider the very nutritious and uber beneficial avocado for maximum nutritive power. It is delicious and good for you too.