If you have ever had a problem with gallstones you will probably never forget the episode. You may find out through an X-ray that you have a gallstone and never had a single symptom. But if you have had a more severe case it most likely followed a meal that as high in fat and left you doubled over in excruciating pain.
Your gallbladder is located under your liver and it assists the small intestine in releasing the bile or stored fat so that it can be absorbed. If you have constant problems with gallstones your doctor may recommend for you to have your gall bladder removed. This operation has improved in recent years to the point of being an out-patient laser procedure.
But if you are looking to handle your episode of gallstones on a more natural basis, there are some things you can do to cut down on their occurrence.
1. Add high fiber cereal to your breakfast menu. Don’t skip the first meal of the day and try to include cereal that is low in sugar and fat but has at least 3 grams of fiber per serving.
2. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking at least 8 to 10 8-ounce glasses of water each day. Besides eliminating the danger of dehydration, fluids help to flush out your body and keep the toxins flowing so they are able to flow out through your urine.
3. Try to reduce the level of fat in your daily diet. This is what usually triggers a gall bladder attack.
4. Turmeric is an herb that has been proven to reduce gallstones by as much as 80 percent. It just takes about a half teaspoon on a daily basis to get rid of your gallstones. You can add it to soups, chicken recipes or even make a tea out of it. There are also supplements if you find that easier to take.
5. In addition to starting your day with fiber you should continue on the fiber track by adding more vegetables to your daily diet. Eliminate foods that have been highly refined.
6. Check out lecithin supplements at your local health food store. A couple of tablespoons in milk or with molasses will cut down on the number of gallstones you have. Also ask about milk thistle while you are there as they are very effective in getting rid of gallstones.